- You are here: Home > 290421 Information Session: Making more of Manufacturing Waste - Analysing Waste and product flows with Topolytics
You are here
290421 Information Session: Making more of Manufacturing Waste - Analysing Waste and product flows with Topolytics
via Zoom or Teams
Every business generates some form of waste - but how well is this managed and do you really understand what happens to that waste once it has left your premises?
One of the biggest barriers to scaling the circular economy is maintaining visibility and control over manufactured materials when they enter the waste system. Quantifying, pricing and tracking virgin raw materials into, through and out of production systems is well controlled and monitored. Once that material becomes a by-product from a manufacturing process, a finished product in the hands of customers or packaging, it has traditionally disappeared into the waste system. In many instances, that material may constitute ‘recycled’ content for the manufacturing of further products.
Topolytics and CeeD have joined forces with Innovate UK to bring their analytics platform ‘WasteMap®’ to the manufacturing community. Now, you have an opportunity to work with Topolytics in a pilot phase initially, to promote cost and resource efficiencies, reduce carbon emission and drive this and other material back into your production systems.
Topolytics brings extensive experience of analysing and modelling detailed data on waste production and movements through its WasteMap® platform.
CeeD brings its knowledge and network of manufacturers to the project.
Topolytics are seeking a small number of manufacturers to work with them on this project. We are therefore running an information session on 29th April, 1.30-2.30pm to enable businesses hear more about the project and answer any questions you may have.
You may also be interested in reading our recent joint blog on this topic.
Our interest is in working with CeeD members that are willing to share detailed data on waste production and collection from which we can extract useful insights on material types and amounts, what happens to it and where, carbon emissions and resource recovery. We will offer each participant value added insights on their waste and by-products and condition monitoring of resource efficiency across the UK manufacturing sector.
- Support compliance with external requirements - more stringent requirements on waste producers to demonstrate responsibility for their waste and demonstrate knowledge of what happens to this material.
- Improve your operational efficiency and reduce the resources required to manage reporting from waste contractors and the associated data required to support carbon strategies, compliance, reconcile waste management costs vs actual activity and generate insights that can drive greater recovery of waste material.
- Support your carbon reduction work. Recognising that the volume of waste, its movement and how this material is handled is a factor in overall carbon emissions.
- Add value to reporting and transparency - internal or external.
Who should attend?
This event should be of interest to companies with manufacturing or processing operations in the UK.
If you want to gain a much greater insight into what happens to your waste, where it goes, how far it travels, how you can generate efficiencies, reduce associated carbon emissions and enhance your reporting – we would encourage you to join us.