- You are here: Home > Cycling and Performance Outdoor Textiles An innovation and business networking event with speed pitching to key industry contacts
You are here
Cycling and Performance Outdoor Textiles An innovation and business networking event with speed pitching to key industry contacts
The Mountain Bike Centre of Scotland (MTBCOS) and the Textiles Future Forum (TFF) are running an event to help convert ideas into real, commercially viable opportunities.
This event will provide a forum for you to use the power of collaboration to overcome common business problems such as obtaining funding, design issues, IP shortages, manufacturing issues and market intelligence.
Each attendee will get an opportunity to take part in a Speed Pitching session to articulate their needs to the whole audience. Start with a conversation, identify partners with common goals or solutions and build opportunities to innovate.
Opportunities in Cycling:
· Performance clothing- wicking textiles and breathable water proof coatings
· Security - Body armour and protection
· Medical and compression garments
· Smart textiles and integrated electronics
· Carbon fibre applications – high end bike frames and components
· Accessories – Bags, footwear, gloves
· Industrial textiles – e.g. use for construction in mountain bike trails
Who should attend:
· Textiles designers and manufacturers
· Cycling and Outdoor clothing designers and manufacturers
· Academics from sports science, textiles, product design, electronics, polymer scientists, engineering backgrounds
· Students and Entrepreneurs with a business idea
· .Businesses with ideas and technology (such as New materials) which could develop products or partner with other companies in the outdoor space
Sign up at the Eventbrite link below