- You are here: Home > Corporate and Executive Development: Demand Forecasting and Inventory Planning
You are here
Corporate and Executive Development: Demand Forecasting and Inventory Planning
Do you need to reduce stock investment, but improve on-shelf-availability?
Our two-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain an optimised inventory profile through improved forecasting and inventory planning.
We will de-mystify the science of forecasting, show you how to build a robust planning process and help you identify methods that best fit your products.
What you will learn
- How to build an integrated planning process
- How popular statistical forecasting techniques work
- Which inventory controls models to use and when
- Selecting the best models for your products
Who should attend?
Managers and planners responsible for demand and inventory plans
Supply chain analysts and consultants looking to improve their understanding of forecasting and inventory planning and control
Chris Rutherford is an Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management in the Logistics Research Centre at Heriot-Watt University. Over the last 20 years, Chris has worked with industry and academic leaders researching and developing demand and inventory planning solutions. This course offers the opportunity to share in Chris' knowledge as well as learn from the experience of fellow participants.
- Strategies to improve the match between supply and demand
- Different forecasting tools and techniques
- Which forecasting models are best for your products?
- Essentials of S&OP and CPFR
- The pros and cons of different inventory models
- Managing inventory in the supply network
- Achieving an optimised inventory profile
28-29 April, 2015