- You are here: Home > Career Enhancement Programme FREE 3-day course
You are here
Career Enhancement Programme FREE 3-day course
Career Enhancement Programme FREE 2-day course
- Wednesday 30th September, 2015
- Wednesday 4th November, 2015
- Wednesday 2nd December , 2015
Venue: The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
Jointly organised by Equate Scotland and Semta (the Skills Sector Council for Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing), the Career Enhancement Programme is a free 3-day course, designed for women working in these sectors.
It provides in-depth career development, focusing on identifying achievements and strengths, effective communications and unlocking leadership potential.
What's in it for you?
Attendance on the course will bring benefits to both employers and employees
If you're an employer keen to develop your female workforce, the course will...
- Give your staff access to a FREE in-depth career development programme
- Help you grow your business and make you more competitive by developing your workforce and filling skills gaps
- Demonstrate your commitment to staff-development, making you an employer of choice able to attract and harness the best talent available
- Improve staff motivation and skills, increase productivity and reduce turnover
If you're a woman wanting to progress your career in engineering, this course will...
- Help you to identify more clearly your strengths and skills and how to use them for positive outcome in the workplace
- Encourage you to clarify short - and long term goals for career progression
- Improve your communication and self-presentation skills, so you can confidently represent yourself and your company at the most senior of levels
- Allow you to learn alongside and be supported by a group of like-minded women, as well as meet and network with industry role models
What have I got going for me?
This will enable you to identify your achievements, strengths and transferrable skills through a range of interactive exercises. We use different techniques such as the internationally recognised Myers-Briggs profile to help you understand your strengths.
How can I communicate more effectively?
Effective communication is a key skill. Our programme provides an overview of different communication styles, allowing participants to identify their own strengths and weaknesses. You will learn more about our own pattern of communication and how you can develop your skills yo positie effect in the workplace.
How can I develop my leadership potential?
We de-mystify leadership by exploring what people really want from their leaders. With a focus on positive self-presentation, we will provide participants with the opportunity to present an evidence-based outline of how they can make a positive impact in their work area.
Apply for a place now:
Places on the course are strictly limited and we are therefore not able to offer then on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are interested in attending, please complete out quick and easy Application Form telling us how both you and your employer will benefit from your attendance.
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th July, 2015
Full details available at: