- You are here: Home > Forward Thinking Issue 8
You are here
Forward Thinking Issue 8
Forward Thinking Issue 8
We recently enjoyed the launch of CeeD in Dundee and the East as Business Development Manager, David Nicholson held the first in a series of open meetings for the area.
Held at University of Dundee, we welcomed a host of businesses and local government to listen as Geoff Crowley, Highland Colour Coaters, spoke about the topic of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs), presenting a recent Highland KTP case study. Further to this, Paul Fletcher, Enabling Innovation, highlighted to the CeeD audience, the importance of innovation, particularly innovative thinking in business.
The event was very successful and we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved - we look forward to the next one!
Edinburgh & Lothians Launch
Newest addition to the CeeD team, Ralph Harkess, is set to host the first open meeting for Edinburgh and the Lothians, where he will welcome Craig Cowles of AG Barr. Craig will present Barr's unique Glasgow 2014 story, detailing one of their largest and most successful campaigns to date.
The event will be held on Friday 19th September at West Lothian College - anyone interested in attending should register via the event page. We look forward to welcoming you to the events.
Midlothian & East Lothian Chamber of Commerce
We recently welcomed Midlothian and East Lothian Chamber of Commerce to the CeeD community and through working with them, have become aware that they act as an integral part of The Business Partnership Ltd. This comprises three companies, Midlothian and East Lothian Chamber, Bright Green Business and Bright Green Hydrogen, who together offer a wide range of services to businesses throughout Scotland. BGB offer a number of services and work, assisting Scottish businesses in recruiting skilled students and graduates through placements, improving environmental practices and developing business networks. BGH work to help demonstrate the role that energy efficiency renewables and hydrogen play in reducing the impact of climate change and securing the world's future energy supply. To find out more about these organisations and about the help available to your business, please visit The Business Partnership website.
The calendar for the latter part of 2014 is quickly filling up with a diverse range of clinics planned out and an open-to-all session with AG Barr/ in Livingston Below are a list of our forthcoming events:
(MO: Members Only, OTA: Open To All)
- MO: Growht500 (Cohort 2, Session 4) with Sandler Training, Leadership & Technology, Wednesday 10th September atSandler Training, Glasgow
- OTA:September Open Meeting with AFRC, Product Verification Service, Thursday 11th September at Advanced Forming Research Centre
- MO: Project Management with University of the West of Scotland, Building Information Modelling (BIM), Tuesday 16th September at University of the West of Scotland, Paisley
- MO: Growth500 (Cohort 3, Session 2) with University of the West of Scotland and Just Employment Law, Leadership & People, Wednesday 17th September at Ceridian
- OTA: September Open Meeting with AG Barr, The unique Glasgow 2014 story Friday 19th September at West Lothian College
- MO: Procurement & Supply Chain with University of Glasgow, What Makes Buyers Tick?, Tuesday 23rd September atUniversity of Glasgow
- MO: Inter-Company Training with Highland Colour Coaters and Change for Leaders, Change Management Wednesday 17th September at Highland Colour Coaters
- MO: Leadership with Ishbell MacPhail, GM Scotland & the North, Dell, Thursday 25th September at Ceridian
To view a full calendar of events and to register for any of the above, please visit www.ceed-scotland.com/events/month