- You are here: Home > Forward Thinking Issue 10
You are here
Forward Thinking Issue 10
Forward Thinking Issue 10
Enginterns.com could be the website you need to help secure a young, talented intern for your company. Launched last year, by an engineering student from University of Strathclyde, the website aims to provide a simple platform for students looking for placements and for employers looking to gain talented individuals. For more information on advertising your company's current internships and graduate programmes, please visit the Advertise section of the website.
Do you know everything you need to know about employing someone
HMRC offer a wide range of tools and advice to anyone employing people for the first time. Their YouTube channel has some very useful videos, such as Expenses and Benefits - or you may find Getting Started as an Employer particularly useful?
For the month of October, they are also offering a series of live webinars, which have been very popular so far. The next scheduled webinars are listed below and still have limited spaces:
*Details on how to register available via above links
You can direct any questions you may have for HMRC via Twitter! @HMRCBusiness
Growth500: Cohort 4
Since launching in January of this year, CeeD have recruited over 30 companies on to the Growth500 programme. We have enjoyed 3 diverse and very successful intakes to date, with companies across a broad range of sectors. The programme sees 10 sessions spanning 12 months, covering topics such as Leadership, People, Sales, Strategic Planning, Operational Excellence, Marketing and Technology. Intake 4 begins next month (November) and we welcome CeeD member employees to get in touch via Kevin if they are interested in joining the programme.
Don't forget to make the most of your CeeD membership by joining our online communities. Our LinkedIn group provides a closed forum for CeeD members to share their knowledge, ask questions, connect to peers and ultimately benefit from interacting with other CeeD members. You can also keep up-to-date with the latest on CeeD's clinics, open meetings and other news on Twitter! @CeeD_Scotland
Don’t forget about CeeD’s Employment Exchange – a page for both individuals seeking work and organisations looking to recruit. It provides a platform for those individuals to browse job vacancies and post their CV in order to secure new work and for organisations to post current vacancies and browse the CVs of individuals who have previously worked for other CeeD member companies. It really is a very useful tool and could provide exactly what you are after. If you require further information on the Employment Exchange, please do not hesitate to contact Kevin Horn at email@example.com
The calendar for the latter part of 2014 is quickly filling up with a diverse range of topics being covered in our Clinics. below is a list of forthcoming sessions.
(MO: Members Only, OTA: Open To All)
- MO: Growth500 (Cohort 3, Session 3) Operational Excellence & Finance with Colin Andrews, University of Strathclyde and Dr Mary Fletcher, University of the West of Scotland, Wednesday 22nd October at Cranhill Development Trust
- MO: Leadership with Professor Sir Jim McDonald, University of Strathclyde, Entrepreneurial, Values-led Leadership,Thursday 23rd October at Ceridian
- MO: Aerospace & Defence with Thales and SMAS, Using SC21 to drive bottom line improvement, Thursday 30th October at Advanced Forming Research Centre
- MO: Procurement & Supply Chain with Dr Elizabeth Williamson, Glasgow Caledonian University and Susan Donnelly, Scottish Government, Can Procurement become a career of choice?, Tuesday 4th November at Glasgow Caledonian University
- MO: Growth500 (Cohort 1, Session 10) Leadership and Strategic Thinking, Presenters TBA, Wednesday 12th November, Venue TBA
To view a full calendar of events and to register, please visit www.ceed-scotland.com/events/month
CeeD continues to go from strength to strength, with an ever growing community of businesses and academics. We would like to welcome the latest additions to the CeeD community. We very much look forward to working with you.