- You are here: Home > 210707 CeeD-SHFCA webinar: Hydrogen Aviation Opportunities
You are here
210707 CeeD-SHFCA webinar: Hydrogen Aviation Opportunities
SHFCA webinar: Hydrogen Aviation Opportunities
Date: 7 July Time: 10:30am-11:45am
There is increasing pressure on all forms of transport to fully decarbonise as part of delivering Net Zero.
Aviation has some significant challenges with the replacement of jet-fuel kerosene by alternative low carbon propulsion technologies such as batteries, hydrogen fuel cells, and hydrogen gas turbines. This also presents significant opportunities for innovation with engineering, manufacturing, and new services.
This joint webinar, organised by CeeD and SHFCA, will begin with an overview by Ricardo on the progress now being made with regional passenger aircraft designs using zero-emission hydrogen fuel cell power.
This will be followed by an update from Innovatus Technologies on their SHyFT lightweight hydrogen tanks, which are designed for aircraft hydrogen storage.
Stephen Cunniffe of Doosan will then provide an overview of the activities to decarbonise ground activities at Kirkwall Airport in Orkney, together with an outline of the hydrogen drones developed by Doosan Mobility International for remote deliveries.
Ed Macfarlane will then conclude the presentations with an overview of practical considerations for hydrogen handling and refuelling at airports, based on the recent work for projects such as HyFlyer.
- Joe Pacitti, CeeD: Welcome and Nigel Holmes, SHFCA: Opening remarks
- Cedric Rouaud, Ricardo: Fuel cell system development for light aircraft
- Ruan Swart, Innovatus Technologies: SHyFT lightweight hydrogen storage
- Stephen Cunniffe, Doosan: Low carbon airport operations and drone deliveries
- Ed Macfarlane, Abbott Risk Consulting: Hydrogen handling and refuelling
- Questions & Answers with all speakers, moderated by Nigel Holmes, SHFCA
- Joe Pacitti, CeeD: Closing Comments
Join us for this fascinating webinar on 7th July.