- You are here: Home > 190417 - Advancement in Marine Technology and Engineering Projects, with Forth Ports Ltd
You are here
190417 - Advancement in Marine Technology and Engineering Projects, with Forth Ports Ltd
Skills and Business Centre
North Shore Road
Grangemouth, STG FK3 8BE
The objectives of this interactive session are to:
- Provide an overview of advancements in Plant and Technology available for Marine Projects
- Share a review of marine mapping and hydrographic tools
- Review developments in vessel construction and use embracing new technology
- Share insight to marine projects on the Forth and Tay – how these are managed from initial concept through to completion and installation
Join us as we provide an overview of advancements in the marine technology and engineering project management from one of UK top port operators.
We will walk you through the recent design, purchase and install of our new Pilot Vessel utilised to transfer marine pilots onto vessels at sea and detail the new and exciting advancements in technology that have been adopted to improve both safety and efficiency for the business.
We will also demonstrate for you the capabilities of our in house hydrographic and marine mapping team, including the use of multi-beam survey equipment to map dock bottom and sea beds and the use of advance laser scanning technology to provide accurate measurements and detail of above the water structures.
Finally we will provide you an overview of some of the complex and interesting marine engineering project that start the journey off in the Forth, including floating wind turbines, cable laying barges to jack-up platforms. We will demonstrate the innovative and unique challenges these projects face and follow them though their journey on the Forth to installation / destination.
These will be followed with an opportunity to board a survey vessel and see the equipment for yourself, and a networking lunch.