- You are here: Home > AMCB Home
You are here
The Advancing Manufacturing Cluster Builder is part-funded by the 2014–2020 European Structural and Investment Fund
Advancing Manufacturing Cluster Builder (AMCB)
The main purpose of the Advancing Manufacturing Cluster Builder project is to stimulate SME demand for the *AMCF projects through a network and connection process of 1-2-1 engagement and an event programme.
The AMCB will also support local SME’s by signposting to support organisations (locally and nationally) including funding where appropriate.*Advancing Manufacturing Challenge Fund Projects are nationally distributed
CeeD have been contracted by Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise to deliver the Advancing Manufacturing Cluster Builder (AMCB)
The purpose of the support and services from the AMCB will be to support the attraction and signposting of SMEs to the AMCF projects. It will also support Scottish SMEs to find appropriate help, support and potential partnerships with other key national initiatives such as NMIS and key economic development agencies.
Support is provided to SMEs free of charge.
The cluster builder’s key activities are as follows:
- Connect AMCFs to local SME’s.
- Run awareness raising events and workshops to stimulate SME demand for AMCF projects.
- Signpost SMEs to additional support (SE, HIE, or otherwise) where required.
- Establish close relationships with regional manufacturing organisations across Scotland.
- Maintain close links with relevant industry bodies.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with NMIS (most likely through their network of business development staff) to ensure regional representation and participation.
About the AMCF Projects
The overall aim of the AMCF is for projects to have a significant impact on advancing the manufacturing capabilities of SMEs within Scotland and lead to long-term transformational change.Up to £8.9 million of grant funding, comprising European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Scottish Government funding, has been awarded on a competitive basis. This has supported the creation of a network of initiatives, both regionally-based and Pan-Scotland, to stimulate the innovation performance of SMEs by providing services focused on improving manufacturing capabilities across Scotland.